[Zope] Problem with Versions in 2.6.1

DeCaf decaf@smartbusiness.nu
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 01:05:20 +0100

Hi,

I'm a Zope newbie who just started looking at this thing. The Version
functions seemed really neat up until when I tried them and I couldn't
find any way to save the changes I did in my version.  I tried
replicating what I did on a fresh install of Zope on RedHat Linux 8.0
using the binary .tgz from zope.org.

This is step-by-step what I did just after installing and starting the
server (after setting some permissions and IP-adresses and stuff):

I entered the ZMI and entered the Root Folder.
I added a new folder with id='test'
Entered folder '/test'
Created version id='myversion'
Entered version 'myversion'
Chose "Start working in version..."
Entered folder '/test'
Add new DTML Document id='index_html'
Entered index_html and made some changes to it.
Chose 'Save Changes'
Entered folder '/test'
Entered version 'myversion'
Chose "Quit working in ... "
Entered the "Save/Discard" tab.
Clicked the "Save" button.

This is what I thought I should do to make the changes I did in the
version public, but apparently that wasn't quite it. After this I
entered the folder '/test', but there was no index_html object there,
only the version object 'myversion' existed. The '/test' folder still
had the red diamond and the lock after its name. If I entered the
version and save/discard tab again it read "No non-empty versions" or
something like that. Same thing if I went to the Control-Panel and
Version Management.

Is it me who is doing something wrong? Or is there a bug in Zope?

Sincerely, Peter.