[Zope] Re: Mailhost problem

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 01:23:04 +0100

AM wrote:
> I have been using the mailhost send API call to send email.
>
> I found that you cant use the character ':' (colon) in the body of the
> message or else the behaviour is wierd. ie email that it sends out has
> nothing in the subject and other fields and they are inserted in the
> body of the message.
>
> For eg:
>
> context.mailhost.send(messageText='test : doda\n', mto=<email>,
> mfrom='email', subject='test')
>
> sends in a email like this:
>
> test : doda
> To: aseem@neurobs.com
> From: webmaster@neurobs.com
> Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:09:59 -0800
>

> Anybody else see this behavior??
> Are there any other characters that can cause this knid of behavior and
> need to be filtered out??

Hi,

I can reproduce this behavior, but I don't think that it is a bug.
You've inserted an additional mail-header into your messageText, which
can be useful if you want to customize your mail (think of something
like: List-Id: ZopeNews). messageText is in this respect not the same as
the mailBody...

You can get rid of the problem, if you add an additional newline as
seperator between headers and message-body.

text.mailhost.send(messageText='\ntest : doda\n', mto=<email>,
mfrom='email', subject='test')

Cheers, Maik