[Zope] Zope does not responding

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:44:16 -0000

Hi all,

I was find load problem with my Zope 2.5.1 (at W2k SP3, it is terminal
server).

When it have many connections (*), it sometimes stops without any reason.
Nothings in log, nothing written to console, Zope does not give pages and
seems running (does not respond to any connection).

(*) concurrent downloading of about 40 connections to render bunch of DTML
pages, few minutes load for cca 2000 pages - I could reproduce this
behavior with that web mirroring, but Zope sometimes (in 1-3 days) dies
without my mirroring too.

I was wait few minutes and zope still does not give pages, nor Control
panel to make shutdown. I was kill Zope and start again and is OK.

I have running Zope before for few months without any problems for one
virtual web. Now I have one more virtual web. But not much load, logfile
for all after week have cca 2MB =>average load 2 pages or images/sec (yes,
I know about "average" dis-value). I do not use much of caching, only few,
sites need to be "live".

I run virtual webs via VHM and in front of is linux "pound" non-caching
proxy. Pound load proxy server for cca 20% (486-100) in case of my huge
mirroring.

It is M$ behavior (TCP/IP stack overload?) or something totally different?

I was try to use -M "logfile" option for z2.py to get detailed log, but it
does not make that log. I have virtual logger patch installed - is that
possible cause for missing detailed log?.

Many thanks for your tips and helps

Best Regards,

J. Lukesh