[Zope] Evaluating Output of Scripts as HTML in DTML Pages

Samir Mishra SamirMishra@cbuae.gov.ae
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:33:55 +0400

BTW perhaps there's a better way to achieve this that I haven't considered,
so please let me know.

As for the (as yet non-existent) script I mention below -
myParseDTML("3.4","Cheques in System", "RA3_4","NRA3_4", "TOT3_4")

I was thinking I'd store a list (of lists) in the directory, where one of
the elements of the list would be the above.

Can I use an external method to generate the html? How?

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Samir Mishra [mailto:SamirMishra@cbuae.gov.ae]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 12:17
To: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: [Zope] Evaluating Output of Scripts as HTML in DTML Pages

Hello all,

I'm not even sure where I can look for the answer to this problem.

I have a SQL table with a large number of variables. I have a data entry
form that uses the following logic about 30 times on a page -
----------------------------
<dtml-let a=RA3_4 b=NRA3_4 t=TOT3_4>
  <dtml-if "a+b==t"><span>
  <dtml-else><span class="error">
  </dtml-if>
  Cheques in System</span></td>
size="12" maxlength="12" /></td>
size="12" maxlength="12" /></td>
size="12" maxlength="12" /></td>
</dtml-let>
---------------------------

What I'd like to be able to do is create a Python script that returns the
above, AND I need the DTML document to recognise it as part of the code. The
above code snippet would be generated by a script, called as -

myParseDTML("3.4","Cheques in System", "RA3_4","NRA3_4", "TOT3_4")

This script would return the above code. My problem is, I can generate the
above code, but it's not evaluated within a DTML Method.

As a simple example, I have the following python script -
-------------
""" script name - testScript """
text="""
<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>
"""
return text

How do I get the return value of this script to actually display the above
items in a DTML Method?

(I hope I've explained this well)

Thanks in advance. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Samir.