[Zope] Re: a little complicated AccessRules

martin f krafft madduck@madduck.net
Sat, 3 May 2003 20:35:24 +0200

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

also sprach Evan Simpson <evan@4-am.com> [2003.05.02.1725 +0200]:
> I'm not sure if I'm interpreting you correctly, but you seem to want:
>=20
> http://server.com/people/<something>
>=20
> ...to pass the string "<something>" as a parameter to a ZPT, while:
>=20
> http://server.com/people/<something>/<somethingelse>
>=20
> ...is served normally?

Yes, exactly.

> If you do it exactly this way, it is going to cause you pain the moment=
=20
> you try to manage /people, since your '/people/manage_main' will get=20
> handed off to dispatch.

And that's a good point.

Here's something that came to my mind:

I create a new portal_type, the PersonFolder. It behaves like
a regular (Plone) folder, but when accessed directly, it does my
thing rather than display index_html or use its own handler to
generate e.g. a folder listing.

Would this be possible? It seems like it does, because I can
redefine the view action of a Plone folder to something like
'dispatch', and then that folder calls dispatch rather than
index_html.

I am trying it, it looks promising. Maybe you guys have a better
idea...

--=20
  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck
=20
keyserver problems? http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/keyserver.html
get my key here: http://madduck.net/me/gpg/publickey
=20
i am willing to make the mistakes
if someone else is willing to learn from them.

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF--