[Zope] Zope and permissions in Linux

Fernando Martins fmartins@hetnet.nl
Mon, 5 May 2003 02:07:35 +0200

Thanks Ron, Michael, I'm getting a better understanding of it.

It was confusing why the main directories are owned by root and not by zope.
But I suppose the idea is exactly to avoid the zope user to mess with the
installation, with the logical exception of var.

Also confusing was that I could not su to zope (to create a directory in
var/gadfly), but that's also sorted out.

Regards,
Fernando