[Zope] using zope behind IIS?--help with IS dept.

Kelley, Sean SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us
Mon, 5 May 2003 11:43:32 -0700

Hi,
I am running zope 2.5 with the Zope server for my intranet.  The company web
(public) server is windows/IIS5.  I want to use my zope server to provide
some pages for the public on my zope server.

Problem:  IIS needs a physical folder to create a virtual directory in IIS.
Zope does not have Windows directories that coincide with the folders that
IIS/Windows needs.  My IS department does not want to make my Zope server
totally open on port 80 (because there are other internal items there as
well).

How can I securely serve a portion of my zope site within a windows/IIS
network that does not require my entire internal/zope server to be totally
accessible to everyone?