[Zope] Using Pound

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Mon, 5 May 2003 13:33:29 -0700 (PDT)

Pound (current version) looks like the right choice for our particular
application.  I planning out the system I have stumbled on a couple of
problems where I need some help.B

I have Pound working.  I encountered one minor problem--the code claims
the configuration director is found in

    /usr/local/etc/pound.cfg

whereas some of the documentation suggests it is to be found in

    /usr/local/etc/pound/pound.cfg

Pound maps an incoming request to a (IP address, Port) based upon the
host name.  In my particular case, I want to run multiple instances
of Zope (say, 127.0.0.1:8080 and 127.0.0.1:9080) remapped from, say,
alpha.mydomain.com and beta.mydomain.com.

What magic does one use to convince Zope to use the appropriate domain
name when it generates an absolute URL?