[Zope] login and permissions

Andreas Pakulat ap125@informatik.uni-rostock.de
Thu, 08 May 2003 00:37:33 +0200

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24

On 07.Mai 2003 - 14:42:46, Sridevi Vanka wrote:
> Hi, I have a zclass called commitment in a product in the products folder=
=2EIf I want to create a new commitment (instance of the exisitng zclass), =
it doesnot let me create unless I am a manageer.If the user has a owner per=
mission, it says not authorized. But, I dont want to give manager permissio=
n to users.  And also, I want to use a relational database for log-in proce=
ss of normal users who use the application. Though the relational database =
says the user is authorized, zope is asking is for login information while =
the user tries to create a new commitment. Since the login information is o=
nly stored in relational database, zope says not authorized. Thnaks for the=
 help,Sridevi Vanka

I think you should look at the exUserFolder Product.

The problem with the permissions is, that your users are not logged into
zope, so they are Anonymous to zope and the Anonymous User in Zope can
normally only view the pages, butnot create new ones. You have to
explicitly give him the permission to do so, but this leads to a great
lack of security.

Andreas

--=20
Life is to you a dashing and bold adventure.

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24--