[Zope] Problem calling script on PT via URL

Jon Whitener webmaster@twmi.rr.com
Thu, 08 May 2003 11:55:07 -0400

Why am I getting this behavior when trying to call a script on a Page Template?  Consider this folder hierarchy with objects:

/departments/

----funScript (Script Python)

----webmaster/

    ----thePT (Page Template)

funScript simply returns a string (although I want it to do more).  I get the string in my browser as expected if I call either:

/departments/funScript
/departments/webmaster/funScript

But, if I call

/departments/webmaster/thePT/funScript

It simply returns to the top of thePT.  Huh?  No error, just this unexpected behavior.  Ultimately, I want funScript to change a property on thePT (another challenge), but first I need to know why this script isn't acting as expected when called on thePT.

Any wisdom would be very helpful. TIA!

Jon Whitener
Detroit Michigan USA