[Zope] GET vs. POST

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Fri, 9 May 2003 14:40:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Jamie Heilman wrote in response to Dennis Allison's
query:

> > How do you get Zope to use POST as its default rather than GET?
>
> You don't.  Don't combine redirects and POST, its unreliable.
> rule of thumb: Avoid redirects wherever you can.

So, what would you use instead of redirects?  I have a number of idiomatic
uses where they are treated as programmable, self-executing hyperlinks to
transfer control from one object to another, dragging along parameters as
I go.  So far it has been a reliable and robust mechanism, at least for
me using the GET method.