[Zope] GET vs. POST

David Hassalevris bluepaul@earthlink.net
Fri, 9 May 2003 16:44:42 -0700

Dennis,

A good while ago Jim Penny posted a message that described a really
interesting coding
construct.  One of it benefits is that the URL always stays the same.

 I never thanked Jim for posting the original msg but I've put this
technique to good use!

The idea is the you turn your INDEX_HTML into something of an infinite loop.

If is filled with statements like:

<DTML-IF current_state = 'MAIN' and action = 'VENDORS'>
  <dtml-var vendorsForm>
<DTML-IF current_state = 'MAIN' and action = 'EMPLOYEES'>
  <dtml-var employeesForm>

Anyway, you can find original article at

http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/47ba74c812dbc5dd8025687
f0024bb5f/91d6497a4b1c5ade802569dd005d5881?OpenDocument

David