[Zope] Data loss after packing in 2.6.1?

Marius Gedminas marius@codeworks.lt
Mon, 12 May 2003 13:08:47 +0300

I'm not sure if this is a known bug, or if I've stumbled on something
new.  I've packed a 300 Mb Data.fs recently (leaving 7 days of history).
Thie resulting data.fs was still biggish, so I packed it again (leaving
0 days of history).  Then interesting effects started to happen: a
Folder just disappeared, then appeared back for a short time, and then
disappeared again after a couple of seconds.  (Of course, this might
have been caused by caching effects or a bug in Mozilla.)

What rattles me is that fstest.py finds no errors in the Data.fs after
the first pack, yet that folder is gone there.  (fstest.py finds a
transaction mismatch in Data.fs after the second pack, and fsrecover.py
discards absolutely all data from it.)

Is this a known issue?  I do not think there were any Undo records
involved, and I'd expect fstest.py to barf if there were any dangling
backpointers, so I suspect collector issue 875 does not apply here.
(I use fstest.py from Zope-2.6.1-src, not a CVS version.)

Another question: is there a command line tool that given a path to
Data.fs and a location in it would produce a .zexp or .xml of an object
at that location?

Marius Gedminas
--
Codeworks is available for Zope consulting -- http://www.codeworks.lt/