[Zope] how to use the document object in a script

Terry Hancock hancock@anansispaceworks.com
Tue, 13 May 2003 10:55:07 -0700

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 10:33 am, Terry Hancock wrote:
> > Context always seems to be the folder I'm working on.
How
> do I get the
> > object (document)?
>
> By name, as in: context.myDocument
>
> The script is *not in* the document, it's in the same
> folder.  DTML documents/methods are not
> container objects.
>
> I think you're confusing calling with containment
> (admittedly, DTML probably encourages this).

My comments make sense if you'd actually called
myScript from myDocument -- but as others have
pointed out, your example doesn't do that -- the
rendered form in the user's browser HTTP *posts*
to myScript.  Which is a whole 'nother thing.

In that case, all your info will be accessed from
the REQUEST.  You need to read some examples
on this in any of the intro Zope books. Or you might
be able to find a howto.