[Zope] multi-column sort with ZCatalog

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 13 May 2003 19:30:11 +0200

Mark Nenadov wrote at 2003-5-13 08:23 -0400:
 > I have a simple ZCatalog query with a sort_on and sort_order being
 > passed to it.
 >
 > Is there any way I can do the sort on multiple columns? This seems like
 > an important feature. I've heard that is not possible, but I'm wondering
 > if I am just missing something/getting wrong info.
 >
 > I'm already looking into the Generic Sort External Method, but I'm
 > wondering if there is some other way to do this?

Others told you how to sort with "sequence.sort" and in a Python script.

Some time ago, I posted a code snipped that provides sorting
code for ZCatalog directly (--> archives). Maybe, this code will
be integrated in Zope 2.7.

It would not be trivial to integrate it yourself in Zope 2.6, however.

Dieter