[Zope] MSIE desperate Measures

Michael Geddert geddert@arche.ag
Wed, 14 May 2003 15:12:08 +0200

Hi all,

We are encountering heavy problems trying to get MSIE to work properly
with Zope.
(No, we don't like MSIE either, but we've got to get this working for a
client.)

We've set up a form (with Formulator) which should send data to a script
once.
But MSIE 6 (with spack 1 applied) does more than that ... MSIE sends the
POST-Request
from the form at least twice, sometimes even 3 to 4 times.
Sniffing with Ethereal confirmed this weird behaviour (at least 2 Posts
from MSIE, 1 Response from Zope).

The Problem is that the form-action-object (in our case a python-script)
gets triggered 2-3 times as well, which is definitely *not* what we
want. (This is how we first noticed the problem, the script sent 3 mails
instead of one)

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Geddert