[Zope] MSIE desperate Measures

Terry Hancock hancock@anansispaceworks.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 08:15:34 -0700

On Wednesday 14 May 2003 06:12 am, Michael Geddert wrote:
> We are encountering heavy problems trying to get MSIE to work properly

> The Problem is that the form-action-object (in our case a python-script)
> gets triggered 2-3 times as well, which is definitely *not* what we
> want. (This is how we first noticed the problem, the script sent 3 mails
> instead of one)

Even if the browser were to work correctly, you'd probably
get this behavior occasionally from users (in a network
slowdown, the user might click "submit" multiple times). So,
the best thing is probably to build for it.

How about embedding a random id into each form with
an

<inputr type="hidden" name="form_id" value="&dtml-randomkey;">

and generate a random value for 'randomkey'.

Then check for multiple replies with same id in the script
you use to catch the data (means you'll have to cache
the ids somewhere).

Just an idea -- not sure how hard or easy it'd be in
your case.

Terry