[Zope] passing :records on in a hidden field

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 18:22:47 -0500

>I am collecting form data in a :records object:
>
><form action="page2">
><input type=text name="stuff.name:records:string" value="" >
><input type=text name="stuff.snumber:records:int" value="" >
><input type="submit" value="Submit">
></form>
>
>On page2, I have another form that I am collecting data in, and would then
>like to pass both records objects on to page3, but a  simple <input
>type="hidden" name=stuff value=<dtml-var stuff> > doesn't work (it passes a
>string that represents the records).
>
>Any ideas?

You probably have to use whatever construct you usually use for
iterating over/accessing a 'record' (probably dictionary methods) to
create separate hidden fields for the records. Probably your second form
needs to render like:

<input type="hidden" name="stuff.name:records:string" value="thisName" >
<input type="hidden" name="stuff.snumber:records:int" value="234" >

If you don't mind hardcoding in the fields, it becomes a lot easier,
since you don't have to do a lot of introspection on the record.

May be that's a bit confusing. Better explication on request.

          --jcc