[Zope] Zope + SOAP

Holger Schmidt HolgerSchmidt <hs@keppler-it.de>
Thu, 15 May 2003 15:49:43 +0200

Hi,

I have to implement something using web-services for my student
research project.
I have to use Zope and should use SOAP (not XML-RPC ...).

I have found some python webservice-/ soap-libraries:

- SOAPpy          [http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/]
- Webservice      [http://cvs.zope.org/Packages/WebService/]
- wstools         [http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/]
- ZSI             [http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/]

Using them to consume a webservice should not be a problem ... (there
even exists a product called SOAPMethod [http://www.zope.org/Members/xgwsbae/SOAPMethod]...)

But what about SERVING a webservice build on SOAP with ZOPE?
Is it possible to build something using these Libraries?

I found a patch for Zope by guylux with which it should be possible
for Zope to handle SOAP-Requests ([http://www.zope.org/Members/guylux/Zope-soap]).
This Patch modifies the HTTPRequest.py in the
Zope/libs/python/ZPublish-Directory, so Zope handles SOAP-Requests
almost like it handles XML-RPCs ...
(my?) Problem:  just works for SOAP-Calls without Arguments :(

Is there a possibility to write a Product to Serve Webservices or will
I have to "patch" the Zope sources (like the guylux-patch) or will I
even have to do something different?
Has Anybody ever done something like this?

Any help would be appreciated ...

--
Thanks,
Holger