[Zope] Zope with Apache in Win2k

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
15 May 2003 09:18:52 -0700

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 02:10, Emmanouil Magkos wrote:
> I just installed the Zope program on a win2k server, with Apache Web
> server. I used PCGI [...]

First off, PCGI is highly deprecated and should probably be ditched in
favor of RewriteRules.  I doubt that's the source of your current
problem, though.

>  Zope will not accept my admin username and password.

If you're being prompted for a password, you're probably reaching
Zope... you just can't get in.

Since this is a fresh install, I have to suspect a common problem with
fresh installs: You have the wrong admin password.

Look at the section of the Zope Book titled Zope Emergency User:
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Security.stx

If that doesn't do the trick, I'd take a pretty close look at the logs
for both Zope and Apache.  Somewhere in there, you'll find evidence of
what went wrong.

HTH,

Dylan