[Zope] Problem with importing (PerlMethod)

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 06:12:18 -0400

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 11:07:36AM +0200, Christian Schaefer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to transfer a Zope object by exporting it on the one
> Zopeserver and import it on another.
> Exporting worked fine but when I copied the resulting .zexp-File to the
> import-directory of the other Zopeinstallation and tried to import it I
> got the following error:
>
> Error Type: ImportError
> Error Value: No module named PerlMethod
>
> Any idea?

That seems pretty obvious.
You need to have the same Products installed on both Zopes.
At least, you need any products that are used within the
exported objects. In this case, you've apparently exported
something that needs the PerlMethod module.
I think the stuff you need is described here:
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/zope-perl/FAQ

--

Paul Winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com