[Zope] Using urllib2 to access Zope URLs

Damon Butler damon@hddesign.com
20 May 2003 15:25:29 -0500

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 15:31, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 12:53, Damon Butler wrote:
> > Tests with the wget utility show that it is
> > possible to get past the authorization
>
> Oh?  Has anyone else seen this?

Whaddya mean? The following command returns the proper HTML:

wget --http-user=username --http-passwd=password
http://localhost:8080/manage_main

This tells me that it is possible to supply the username and password
programatically from outside the Zope framework and (presumably) get
some real work done. But the authorization doesn't carry through under
python.urllib2. Why is that?

--Damon