[Zope] Authentication using a form instead of a popup

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 07:04:53 -0400

On Friday, May 23, 2003, at 05:09 US/Eastern, Igor Leturia wrote:

> <dtml-if "acl_users.authenticate(username,userpassword,REQUEST)">
>   <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect('intranet')">
> <dtml-else>
>   Error!!
> </dtml-if>
>
>   The "acl_users.authenticate" part seems to work OK, as it returns an
> error if the user or password is wrong. And if they are OK, it tries to
> redirect to the intranet, that is to say, the restricted part. But the
> problem is that at this time it asks again for username and password,
> using a popup window.
>
>   What I am doing wrong, or what am I missing? Any ideas? Thanks in
> advance,
>
> 				Igor Leturia

you cannot just call methods on the user folder "manually" and expect
the user to get logged in magically by doing that. you should be using
a user folder that handles cookies or use the CookieCrumbler product.

jens