[Zope] Problem with a python script

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 16:22:59 -0500

>>1)  They are designed exactly for taking data and formatting it into
>>markup, so it is much easier to get the markup right and to spot errors.
>>

>But that can make the code very large. The same thing in ZPT has twice
>the number of lines (and they were longer). And that was the reason for
>putting it in a script, as I started with vi as editor, but that's
>history now ;)

That's the price you pay for abstraction. If you're allergic to extra
work (and who isn't?) just think of it as removing the need for extra
work in the future. (It's actually not so much extra work as it is extra
typing, which isn't so bad.)

If you're not worried about the future, then throw all the markup in
code that you want.

          --jcc