[Zope] Pros and Cons of Different Hosting Solutions

Rob Thorne rob@torenware.com
Sat, 24 May 2003 16:09:05 -0700

This is a topic that comes up every so often, but I'm curious to hear
different people's experience.

I'm starting to work with clients on Zope-based solutions, but don't yet
have a good answer as to how best to host domains that use Zope.  What
are some of the pros and cons of these solutions that people on the list
have found:

    * Custom Zope hosting (say, by exposing a part of the ZMI using a
      VirtualHostMonster)
    * Virtual Linux or BSD hosting where you install Zope yourself,
      probably with limited root access
    * Any other kind of arrangement folks are using that don't involve
      setting up your own ISP :-)

What works well for folks, and what have people found to be best buy for themselves and for their clients?

I've gone through the list of Zope Solution Providers, but this doesn't really tell me how to choose between them, or if I should be looking for something more general than any of them.

Much thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Thorne