[Zope] zope and COM

Alexis Roda arv@si.urv.es
Tue, 27 May 2003 18:11:51 +0200

Hello,
In order to manage m$ office documents from Zope (2.5.1 win32) I've
downloaded the win32all-151 installer (for python 2.1) so I can use COM
from Zope. My problem is that I'm unable to install it since I have no
python interpreter installed (apart from zope's python), the package
installer complains about "python 2.1 does not appear to be installed on
this computer.".

* someone has managed to install this package into zope?

* if not: it's safe to download/install python 2.1, install win32all-151
and finally copy the package into the zope tree?

* if not: can I import the win32com package from an script running under
zope control if it is installed outside of the zope tree (in a "standard
place")? Playing with PYTHONPATH or sys.path?

TIA
--
                                  ////
                                 (@ @)