[Zope] Re: [Zope-CMF] Store development with CMF (new guy)

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Tue, 27 May 2003 13:56:18 -0500

> I plan to completely rewrite my company's website (currently PHP) in a
> CMFPlone solution.
> The pros are completely obvious, yet I have a few questions so that I
> can do it the Right Way(tm).
>
> We have a 30,000+ user Postgres database. I feel it is not a sensible
> solution to store this in the ZODB, and I'd rather keep it in Postgres
> and use exUserFolder and ZPopyDA.
> Am I right, or can I get rid of this complexity ?

Not that I've done it, but I think this is within the theoretical limits
of a btree-backed user folder. I always try to use as few external
components as possible, and would consider moving everyone to Zope worth
at least a little experimentation.

However, that is an awfully large existing datasource, which is a very
good reason/excuse to just leave it be. The exUserFolder route has
worked well everytime I've seen it done. (Even with CMF.)

          --jcc