[Zope] add product question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 28 May 2003 23:32:23 +0200

dean hale wrote at 2003-5-28 10:16 +0100:
 > I have created a simple product and zclass based on DTMLDocument called
 > OnlineEdit which does a little extra so would rather use this than the
 > DTMLDocument we currently use, however i cannot figure out what to use
 > to add it, below may make more sense than above

 > newfolder.manage_addOnlineEdit('PageText','PageText',data)
 >
 > however receive the error
 >
 > ErrorType: AttributeError
 > ErrorValue: online Editor
 >
 > sorry for the thickness and i hope it makes sense.

The standard way to create an object looks like:

    destination.manage_addProduct[name_of_your_product].constructor(args)

When you checked the "add constructors" during ZClass construction,
then two "constructors" have been generated for you: a form
and the associated action. "constructor" above is the "action".
Modern Zope versions generate a Python Script.
You can then easily determine what parameters must be passed in.

Dieter