[Zope] Another import doesn't find the module

Stacy Roberts Ladnier Stacy.Roberts@noaa.gov
Thu, 29 May 2003 08:25:19 -0500

--------------2C85CA626E0ACB4968BD9366

Dylan Reinhardt wrote:

> > Hundreds of objects == one "record"?  Hmmm...

What I call a record is a container object that holds hundreds of objects that
make up the data elements of that record.

> > Ah... well, in that case I have a couple cool tricks to share.

Any tips woulds be appreciated. I am still a zope newbie believe it or not.

> > So... this is a "record" in the same sense as above where a record is
> > defined by hundreds of ZMI objects?  Does the "extension" consist of an
> > additional object added through the ZMI?  Or do you just want your type
> > #1 object to have a new interface?

yes it is the same "record". The extension is an additional object.

> > I guess you can say I have tons of
> > data models to go in this application.
>
> That's not typically a hallmark of good design or an easily-supported
> system, but I'm not the one with the requirements in front of me

My requirements are extremely complicated and I have no choice but to have
several different data models in the same application. I am trying to make the
best design possible.

> .
> >  I can't force the user to
> > create a record of tye #1 with the type A extension up front.
>
> This is a requirement. And since yesterday, of course, the requirements have
> changed. So, now I don't have to solve this problem just yet.

The information you provided me about switching classes after instantiation
was excellent. I was unaware of the ability to do this. I might say I am new
to Python (a few months young) and have my background in Java, which should
explain such stupidity on my part. I am not use to having such flexibility.
You have helped me greatly and I appreciate it to the fullest.

Stacy

--------------2C85CA626E0ACB4968BD9366

begin:vcard
n:Ladnier;Stacy