[Zope] uploading large files w/ LocalFS

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 29 May 2003 20:40:33 +0200

Paul Winkler wrote at 2003-5-28 08:22 -0400:
 > Memory issues aside, I've found that downloading even a single ~40 MB
 > file makes my zope instance slow to a crawl until it finishes. Not good.

When I recently analysed a long upload, most of the time was
spent before Zope's ZPublisher got any control (i.e. the time
was spent in ZServer/medusa/cgi.py). Moreover, during this
time, the processor had very high IOWait (50 to 90 %) while
the Zope process did not use any observable CPU time.

Maybe, the way ZServer/medusa/cgi is writing files to disc
is somehow broken?

I may analyse this further some day, but it is not yet planned.

Dieter