[Zope] error(200) zdaemon process 859 terminated by signal SIGXFSZ(25) .

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Mon Nov 3 07:08:14 EST 2003

Chuck Aamdi wrote:
> Jamie Heilman wrote:
> >Chuck Aamdi wrote:
> >>I have be runnnig Zope & cmf for my Organisation for a while everything
> >>functioning fine and also have created other zope author content
> >>managers who have been updateing their folders .I now recieved this
> >>error(200) zdaemon process 859 terminated by signal SIGXFSZ(25) .
> >
> >Version of Zope?  Operating system?  SIGXFSZ implies you're exceeding
> >a (file size) resource limit.  I think the LFS guys might be using it
> >for other nefarious purpsoses as well.
>
> Using Zope version 2.6.1 O/S Linux Red Hat 8.
>
> Is there a way to restore it as I have gone back to a backup - but would
> meen that I hav lost a lot of web work .
> And Also would meen not worth continuing until we replace Zope Intrenal
> db with Postgresql .

1) keep replies on the list, my mail-followup-to was set appropriately
2) upgrade to Zope 2.6.2
3) "a way to restore it" ... what is "it"?  Have you established why
   zdaemon received a SIGXFSZ?  Did your FileStorage exceed 2G
   perhaps?  Are your python and libc built with LFS support?  Does
   "it" refer to your FileStorage?  Don't make us guess, it wastes
   time.
4) Zope internal db, being what exactly?  The default ZODB
   FileStorage, a Gadfly instance?

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"Most people wouldn't know music if it came up and bit them on the ass."