[Zope] problems with plone

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Nov 3 21:40:45 EST 2003

Robert Chares wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am trying to get started with Zope and Plone.
>Zope basically works fine, but after trying to install Plone, I get a startup
>exception.
>The OS I am working with is SuSE 8.2, the Python version I compiled Zope with
>is 2.1.3 and the Plone version I tried is 1.0.5.
>When I follow the install instructions of Plone I get the startup exception of
>Zope telling me that it can't import the TRIGGER_USER_ACTION (detailed error
>messages at the end of the mail..)
>After removing the link to the CMFPlone directory, everything works again
>fine...
>Can you tell me what I did wrong or give me a hint what I should try to
>change, because I haven't found any help in forums or faq's.
>That's why I have to bother you ;-)

Looks to me like DCWorkflow isn't installed or is somehow broken. It's
one of several products that come with Plone that must must also be
installed like CMFPlone.

Is it in your Products directory? How about the control panel?

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."