[Zope] Plone: adding an event

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Nov 3 21:47:55 EST 2003

>I need to get a simple calendar going.  I thought it would be easy to
>install Plone and allow users to create events.  It's not.
>
>I can add events, but when I try to submit an edit (even the initial
>one), I get an AttributeError on "form".  Any advice?  I thought this
>would work "out of the box."  Some guidance would be great.

It should, and this suggests a mismatch or other broken-ness. If you can
send the traceback (from error_log) maybe we can diagnose a little
better. Along with versions of your OS, Zope, Python, CMF, and Plone.

One short-circuit with strange symptoms is a CMF/Plone mismatch: Plone
1.0.x requires CMF 1.3.x, and will not work with CMF 1.4.x. There are
others.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."