[Zope] Flash in zope

Geir Bækholt lists at elvix.com
Wed Nov 5 13:46:41 EST 2003

On  Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:33:26 -0500  GMT
Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca asked the Zope mailinglist about the following:

> As for the third question, I do it using the PARAM element under the OBJECT
> that embeds the movie in the page. There might be other ways, but this works
> fine for me.  But then I'm not very knowledgeable in Flash, if by
> "variables" something more advanced, then I don't know (I'm guessing under
> CF5 or CFMX , flash integration is conciderable).

IF you want something more advanced, i have used this library for
xml-rpc with great success :
http://members.netmadeira.com/killer/xmlrpc/

Zope supports xml-rpc out-of-the-box, and with xml-rpc you can call
pythonscripts in Zope over the web, asynchronously from inside Flash,
and get nice return values. Really fun to play with :)

 Geir Bækholt    ·   Interaction Architect   ·    Plone Solutions

 Development · Training · Support · http://www.plonesolutions.com