[Zope] Fw: Enrollment Error (fwd)

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Wed Nov 5 12:45:56 EST 2003

When executing a method throught the web, we have seen the following error
message...

> Site Error
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
> Error Type: IOError
> Error Value: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '<<<some directory path>>>/var/Data.fs.index.index_tmp'

which googling suggests is due to the protections of the var directory not
having public write permissions set.  My configuration vis a vis
permissions is right out of the book

drwxr-xr-t    2 root     root         4096 Oct 27 17:39 var

with zope running as a local user ( -u zope ).

The question, then, is "What should the permissions on var be?".