[Zope] changing port from 9673 default

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Thu Nov 6 20:30:55 EST 2003

> I just installed zope on a debian testing (actually libranet) system
> (hostname guppy).  This system is intended to be a dedicated server for an
> in-house application.  I would like people to be able to access it with out
> specifying the port number.

Bind zope to the loopback address, leave the port as it is, and
configure apache to pass requests through to your zope instance using
mod_rewrite and mod_proxy, as per the instructions in The Zope Book's
chapter on virtual hosting.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"...thats the metaphorical equivalent of flopping your wedding tackle