[Zope] 3 questions

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Nov 7 16:05:04 EST 2003

>>How to receive the password of the user from a
>>userFolder?
>>

>IMO, your best bet is to capture them as you add user objects.  Someone
>else here may have a better answer.  Plone has a password retrieval
>facility, might want to dig into the source and see how it's done there.

The password is stored on a user object as the attribute '__' (that's a
double underscore.) Obviously this is not useful to you if you're
encrypting passwords. And it must be accessed through file-system code,
since it starts with (and is) a double-underscore.

There is no standard way to set passwords, btw. Some UserFolders will
work if you set __, others require use of some other method.

             --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."