[Zope] Connect to rdbms from a product

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Nov 7 16:42:42 EST 2003

mlong at datalong.com wrote at 2003-11-7 11:53 -0500:
 > Are there any FAQ's, recipes, etc. that explain how to access a database from
 > within a product. I am on a win2k os connecting to SQL2K. I tried looking at the
 > source for ZODBCDA, exUserFolder and googling but have come away confused. I know
 > that ZODBCDA is not recommended but I am building a prototype that if works will
 > allow some dollars to be spent for a more robust solution. If someone could point
 > me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I would not directly access the database in your product
but use "ZSQL Method"s as intermediaries.

Usually, you can acquire these methods from "self" via acquisition
(there are a few exceptions: in some methods, "self" is not
acquisition wrapped, most prominently "__init__" and "__getattr__").

--
Dieter