[Zope] <dtml-with "portal_url.getPortalObject()"> gives AttributeError

Marc Lindahl marc at bowery.com
Fri Nov 7 19:46:29 EST 2003

I'm trying to keep around some legacy code, in zope 2.5.1 (CMF 1.3)

trying to surround a block with <dtml-with
"portal_url.getPortalObject()"> so I reference root level folders.  I
get the error:

Error Type: TALESError
Error Value: exceptions.AttributeError on getPortalObject

(it's a bit of dtml code in a ZPT page).  I've tried a variety of
different evaluations, and proxy roles on the dtml method, with
basically the same problem.

Any idea how to do a dtml-with so you're at the root of a portal (also
I'm using VHM)?