[Zope] GRUF (Group User Folder) and exUserFolder ...

Jason LeMonier jlemonier at Retailpro.com
Fri Nov 7 20:05:01 EST 2003

Hey,

I'm trying to get GRUF 2.0 Beta and an exUserFolder.

GRUF 2 supports multiple acl_users objects!! awesome!
    acl_users (gruf)
        Groups
            acl_users (normal/plone)
        Users
            acl_users (normal)
        Users01
            acl_users (exUserFolder)

Couple Problems:
1) "Normal" or simple Plone/Zope acl_users work fine and authenticate.
    External Users do not authenticate.
        (users are listed, and the same ex acl_users by itself works.

2)    Recursion while trying to list users -- documented in readme:

    "  To avoid this, just create a getUserNames() object (according to
SimpleUserFolder specification) in the folder
  where you put your SimpleUserFolder in (ie. one of 'Users' or 'Groups'
folders)."

        Well ... I'd love too, but from the ZMI: GRUFUsers at
/Plone/acl_users/Users01
            only object listed: acl_users
        But I'm unable to create a python script: "getUserNames" in this
directory??
            Bad Request -- the id "getUserNames" is invalid -- it is already
in use.

    So ... I'm digging into the products and trying to figure out what
function should be added or changed.

    Any help is always appreciated!!

ciao,
jason