[Zope] Problems logging into Zope

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sat Nov 8 23:24:13 EST 2003

You should be able to use zpasswd to set a password into inituser.  You
then need to restart Zope.  I don't remember what the standard Debian
installation looks like, but if it's the typical one where z2.py resides
in the same directory as lib, you can delete the start and stop scripts
and simply reinstall.  Be sure to write down the password provided for
the `admin' account during the initialization dialog.  (Of course, if you
are being brave and installing 2.7 there is a whole new mechanism.)

Which Zope are you using, which python?