[Zope] Re: Zope & Cygwin

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Nov 10 04:22:17 EST 2003

Samir Mishra wrote:
> My goal is to later transition our Win32 Zope installation to Linux
> (probably Gentoo). To keep scripts etc. consistent between the two
> installations during transition, I've currently installed Zope under Cygwin
> and everything thus far seems to be running fine. Start-up is Extremely
> slow, which I don't mind for now. Anyone else using this set-up?

I've used Zope under Cygwin (WinXP) some time ago, but it was incredibly
slow... even for developing applications. The same script (using lots of
loops in Python) was ~ 10 times faster on Linux than on Cygwin, Plone
was nearly unusable for me. So I don't recommend this setup because you
don't get a realistic feeling about how your applications feels in
production environment.

Cheers, Maik