[Zope] Zope/HTML developer in Emeryville, CA

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Nov 10 13:42:35 EST 2003

On Nov 10, 2003, at 11:49 AM, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 07:36, Wilson, Derek wrote:
>> DTML is dead, long live ZPT!
>
> Oh for heaven's sake.
>
> DTML may be a crufty, aesthetically noxious historical artifact... but
> it's miles away from dead.  In point of fact, it's not the least bit
> clear that that ZPT usage even *exceeds* DTML usage.  And though you
> may
> not find us blowing our horns quite as loudly, there are more than a
> few
> here who *prefer* DTML's trade-offs to ZPT's.

DTML isn't dead, but some of us *wish* it was.  And by proclaiming it
dead, we hope to create anti-buzz around DTML, thus speeding the
adoption of ZPT.  It may be FUD, but it is FUD for benevolent ends!
Let us save you from yourself!  (What, you don't need saving?
Pshaw...)

If ZPT just had a non-attribute-language form, then we could really
call DTML dead.  I'm surprised no one's written that before now, it
doesn't seem like it would be unreasonably difficult.

PS, all the cool kids use ZPT