[Zope] Accessing user id in scripts

Will Stephenson lists at stevello.free-online.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 16:39:32 EST 2003

Hi all

I'm planning a site where users and site structure are held in Zope, but the
data items belonging to users are held in an RDBMS, due to their number and
relative light weight.

I've designed the database so that owned objects have a userid field, and am
about to add a mySqlUserFolder for site users, but I'm stuck trying to see
how to get a user id from the session so that I can use it my scripts that
then call Z SQL methods to do database accesses (insert into things (owner,
thing ) values( 'joe123', 'newthing').

I feel like I've run up against a wall in the Zope Book, has anyone done
something similar, or can you recommend some further reading?

Thanks in advance

Will

--
Will Stephenson