[Zope] cron

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Nov 11 17:18:36 EST 2003

>>You don't need to do this via wget.
>>
>>There is a utilities (down in ~lib/python/ZODB/ ?) called fsrecover.py
>>that has an option to pack the database.
>>
>>fsrecover.py + cron = packed ZODB.
>>

>Ah many thanks Jake. Any clues on how to flush the cache on regular basis,
>then this maitenance item would be all covered..:)

Look at the source of the ZMI page that does this and you'll be able to
see the URL that you need to poke.

But I don't see the sense in flushing the cache: it doesn't grow once
it's full and a cache works better when it's full. Stale data should
take care of itself.

             --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)