[Zope] Most efficient use of url rewriting and virtual host monster.

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Wed Nov 12 12:21:00 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 08:54, Alec Munro wrote:

> I guess what I'm really looking for is a good explanation for virtual
> host root, as well some insight in how zope generates urls.

All you need is to create a VHM instance. It doesn't actually matter
what you call it.

Let's say domain_name.com is hosted from here in the Zope hierarchy:

/sites/domain_name

Put this in domain_name's virtual host block in Apache (one line):

RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.domain_name.com:80/sites/domain_name/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]

Reload Apache and you should be good to go.

HTH,

Dylan