[Zope] New to Zope

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Thu Nov 13 06:50:39 EST 2003

Jay Dorsey wrote:
> Is there anything DTML can do that ZPT can't do?

Yes, but nothing you want it to. :)

> I tried doing the same with ZPT
> and using tal:replace with a header and footer Page Template, and it
> converted the HTML to character entities because I got back the plain
> HTML.  I'm sure it might be something obvious that I've not read into
> yet...

Yup, you should do tal:replace="structure blblsbslbsl". The "structure"
tells it not to quote the content. But typically you go the otehr way
around in ZPT. You make one page, and then slurp in the content, instead
of making a page with content and slurping in a header and footer.

Your Python knowledge will help you. But Python scrips have a specific
function, and that is to do small things you want to do from the ZPT.
They are secure, and therefore limited.

When you want to do more advanced stuff, you create product. These are
written in standard Python.