[Zope] manage_addPageTemplate path

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Sun Nov 16 22:14:31 EST 2003

Jay Dorsey wrote:

>> How would I go about using manage_addPageTemplate to add a template
>> in a directory other than the one the script is called in? For
>> example, my folder tree looks
>
>> item =
>> context.manage_addProduct['PageTemplates'].manage_addPageTemplate(id,
>> text="blah", title="my title")
>
> <snip>
> Figured it out--doh!
>
> context.Folder1.manage_addProduct['PageTemplates'].manage_addPageTemplate(id,
> text="blah", title="my title")

> Sometimes its right in front of you :)

Yep. The thing to remember is that 'context' is just a name for the
folder you're called on, and that any folder will do.

> Also, I just found the Zope Documentation Projects FAQ section
> (http://zdp.zope.org/projects/zfaq).  I wonder how many people are on
> the ZDP team; there seems to be maybe 100 questions there--I know I've
> asked that many in the last week alone ;-)
>
> The page says the FAQ is outdated, is there any movement for an
> updated version of a Zope FAQ/Snippets site?  I'd just as soon chip in
> my effort and contribute to an existing project, than start my own.

The ZopeLabs cookbook is the main hangout for code snippets. As for the
FAQ: not that I know of, but there's plenty of buzz surrounding the
concept recently. I've been threatening to make a "library" of knowledge
from the list for a little while: I guess it's not much of an extension
of the idea (and code!) to a FAQ site like you're talking about. (The
actual development is a pretty simple task, actually, but there are
administrative obstacles to overcome before I could do actual work. But
the real work is in the content.)

Your issue above would fit well on zopelabs.com. Go file a recipe!

                --jcc