[Zope] Filtering HTML received via WebDAV

Warwick Barnes Warwick.Barnes at aad.gov.au
Mon Nov 17 09:21:02 EST 2003

G'day! I've been searching Zope.org and the web in general for information on the following, but can't find anything. I'd appreciate it if anyone on this list had some ideas...

Is it possible to put in some sort of 'hook' function so that HTML/DTML pages saved to the Zope database using WebDAV (or HTTP PUT or FTP I guess) are filtered to remove 'bad' HTML before being saved in the database.

I've written a function to strip HTML from the awful files produced by Microsoft Word - leaving quite a clean page. I thought PUT_factory was the place to hook something in, but that only seems to be for new files.

The 'holy grail' I'm looking for, is a setup where web pages can actually be edited in Microsoft Word. On save I'd remove useless Microsoft markup and add any other lines needed.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Warwick