[Zope] ZSQL-Caching strategy

Sebastian Krollmann sebastian.krollmann at gmx.net
Tue Nov 18 05:58:30 EST 2003

Hi,

I am looking for a general advice for a caching-strategy for zsql-methods:
I have to execute 2 sql-queries in sequence:
Query one (Q1) limits the table-data to a certain amount. This query does
not change often and should be cached.
Query two (Q2) selects a part of the results of query one. Q2 is dynamic.

What is the best strategy (performance, data-transfer) to cache Q1in ZOPE if
I can not use views or stored procedures on the db-side?

-- thanks for any hint, Sebastian K.

(Please answer to my mail address directly as I am currently not subscribed
to this list, thanks)